Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It’s a Tough Job But Someone’s Got to Do It!

Adult scene from untitled book ~

Drake grabbed Cassie and tugged her to him. “You’re mine, damn it. Whether you like it or not.”

Cassie’s breath caught in her throat. Her gaze lifted to his fangs peeking out from between his lips. She wanted Drake Dalton. Hell, she’d wanted him more than any man she’d ever known. He’d captured her heart, her mind, and her body within a matter of minutes. He was the man she’d dreamed of since she’d hit puberty.

But there was a problem. Drake wasn’t just a man. At least not since the day he’d changed.

“I told you. I can’t. Not knowing what you are.”

Yet she didn’t try to squirm away. How could she when every part of her wanted him? He gazed at the swell of her breasts above the scoop neckline of her tight, red dress. Her pulse sent out a rapid drumbeat to echo the throbbing of her pussy. Lust-filled words repeated in her mind.

Take me. Take me.

As though he’d heard her thoughts, he shifted, bringing out more of his fangs. His eyes blazed amber as the wolf within him fought to gain control. His hold on her tightened, his fingers digging into her skin.

She tilted her head to the side and uttered the words she could no longer keep unspoken. “Take me.”

End of Scene ~

Oh, my word. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could take the books we read and make them our reality? If you had the power to bring your favorite alpha paranormal hero alive, would you take it? I know I would.

And that’s what I do every day. I give incredible, sexy men life. I think about them, gloriously strong, commanding men, and make them as much of a reality as I can. I create the type of man you never see at the grocery store. The kind of man that only exists in the movies.

Yeah. It’s a tough job, but someone’s got to do it.


SHAY’S SHIFTERS (Mountain Men of Montana, 1)
AVAILABLE: Friday, November 16th
This title is offered at a 15% discount. Offer ends midnight CST, November 23rd.
[Siren Ménage Everlasting: Erotic Paranormal Ménage a Quatre Capture Romance, M/F/M/M, werewolves, voyeurism, HEA]


Free-spirited, voluptuous Shay Mathews isn’t afraid to strut her stuff and live life on the edge. But when she crashes her car then wakes up slung over the back of a hot, naked man, she thinks she’s either hallucinating or dead.

Werewolves Rosh and Renkon McClain and Walker Ramirez fall for the feisty Shay and want her to stay with them in a mystical world for supernatural beings, but she’s set her mind on getting back to the real world outside the secluded paradise of The Hidden. Not heeding her lovers’ warnings, Shay is abducted by the leader of the wretched creatures called The Cursed to become his mate.

Can they find her before she’s changed by The Cursed? If they’re too late, will they be forced to kill her, thus saving her from a life of misery?



Enjoy an excerpt from SHAY’S SHIFTERS (Mountain Men of Montana, book 1) ~

Setup for Excerpt ~

Veering away from something in the middle of a snow-covered mountain road, Shay Mathews runs her car into a tree. She’s shaken, especially when a strange, oh-so-hot naked man throws her over his shoulder and carries her deep into the woods.

Excerpt Begins ~

“I hit you?” She frowned, trying to remember. She’d run off the road to swerve away from something in the road, but there was no way this hunk of a male specimen was that scrawny thing.
“Yeah, you did.”
She shook her head and came to her feet, albeit a bit wobbly. He grasped her by the arm and kept her steady. Suddenly she wished she was naked, too, so she could feel the touch of his hand on her arm.
“No, I didn’t. I saw an animal or whatever in the road, and I stupidly tried to miss it, which sent my car into the trees.” She turned around, only now taking the time to see where they were.
The forest lay behind them as they stood in a tiny clearing. She pivoted around and stared at the open expanse before her. Taking a step forward, she was grateful that he still held on to her.
They stood at the precipice of a cliff overlooking a roaring waterfall. A river rushed below them, the white caps of the waves testifying to the speed and power of the current. On the far side of the divide, the forest spread out and led up the mountainside.
“Wow.”
“What did you see in the road?”
The serious tone of his voice caught her, sinking fear into her heart. His hold tightened on her, causing her to whine against her will.
“I don’t know. I can’t really remember what it looked like. Hell, I’m not even sure I got a good look at it. It had red eyes, I remember that, and it was thin. Really thin.”
“And then you crashed into the tree.”
She nodded, confirming his words that weren’t a question. Carefully, she pulled her arm away. “Yeah. I think I conked out for a bit. Then I got out of my car, and that’s when I saw this enormous wolf about to attack a poor little fawn.”
He let out a long breath. “And you thought you could take down a wolf?”
His frustration was evident in his snarl. “Okay, I admit it wasn’t my best idea. But I wasn’t thinking very clearly right then, you know?”
“Yeah, I know.”
She had to stop thinking with her libido. Granted, he was hot as hell, but he was still a stranger who had slung her over his shoulder and taken off with her. A naked stranger. She stepped away, putting a few feet between them.
“Where do you think you’re going?”
What do the experts say about handling kidnappers? Keep them calm?
“Look, I appreciate you, uh, carrying me, but I’m going back to my car. I think I’ll have a better chance of someone finding me there.”
“Not now you won’t.” He glanced toward the setting sun that was coloring the sky with purples and blues.
If they’d met under different circumstances, the sunset might’ve seemed romantic. As it was, she knew he was right. Trying to go back to her car through God knew how big a forest was a bad idea. But what choice did she have?
“You’ll have to come with me.”
“I don’t think so.” Going with a stranger was bad enough, but a naked stranger who hung out—literally—in the woods? Not a chance. “Why don’t you have any clothes, anyway? Is this Montana’s answer to the annual polar bear swim?”
“The what?”
“You know. That ritual where normally sane people go swimming in the middle of winter in ice-cold water.”
“So you think I’m insane? But no, that’s got nothing to do with this. You’ll find out soon enough.”
Is that a threat or a promise? I think now’s the time to get the hell out of here.
She turned and ran even though she knew she’d never outrun him. He caught her before she’d gotten ten feet.
“Calm down. I’m doing this to save your hide.” He grabbed her jacket and tugged her out of it.
Panic took over, but she was no match for his strength. She struggled, fear clogging her throat so she couldn’t scream. Tossing her jacket aside, he ripped her blouse from her in one quick move.
Shay struck out as he took her arm and tugged her closer to the edge. She broke free, but he snatched her up by the waist and put her ass flat on the ground. Kicking him was like swatting a dinosaur with a stick. He got her boots and socks off without much trouble then took hold of the top of her jeans and yanked them down her legs. She lay shivering in the snow as he threw them over the side of the cliff. He bent over her, and she struck out, hitting him in the face.
He jerked his head away then confronted her again, the snarl bigger than before. Growling, he reached out and tore her panties off. “I told you to calm down. Don’t you ever listen?”
His voice sounded calm and determined, but she saw a flash of heat in his eyes. Was it anger or lust? Was he going to rape her? Then what? Leave her to freeze during the night?
“Hang on to me. I don’t want you to get hurt.” He tugged her to her feet then picked her up and carried her even closer to the drop over the waterfall.
“Please. Don’t.”
His strong arms pressed against her breasts as he held her in front of him. She continued to struggle against him. She doubted she’d get free, but she was damned sure going to go down fighting.
“Relax. You’ve got this all wrong.” He tightened his arms around her, keeping her back to his chest. “Close your eyes. It’s not as scary that way.”
“What are you talking about?”
If he answered her, she never heard it over the scream ripping out of her throat. Holding her tightly, he jumped off the cliff, taking her with him.

End of Excerpt

For more of my work, please visit my website at www.janejamison.com

No comments:

Post a Comment